Beaver is a valuable trophy for any hunter due to its fur, meat and useful properties of its glands. Catching a beaver is not so easy, so hunting for this animal is also of sporting interest to many. For a long period to date, hunting has been widespread with the help of a trap for a beaver. But, in connection with the inability or negligence of the installation of lords, a large number of breaches are committed. Currently, the most commonly used walk-through trap on a beaver. This type of airwave is more humane, because it kills the beast almost instantly, grabbing it by the neck and body, excluding wounded animals. It is important that the installation of the trap is correct.
Do-it-yourself trap at the beaverPassing trap on beaver
You can make a passing trap on a beaver with your own hands or purchase a factory product. If a store trap is purchased, before installation it is necessary to remove all grease from it with a rag soaked in gasoline, then keep it in water for several days to completely remove all excess odors. Then, a strong cable with a length of about one and a half meters should be tied to the trap ring. After that, the trap is installed in the water and weighed down with a load.Passing trap on beaver
Homemade beaver traps are often made in the form of a cylinder with a length of about 80 cm and a diameter of about 30 cm. For the manufacture of such a trap, a wire with a cross section of 4 mm is used, from which four rims and several longitudinal rods need to be made. Two of the longitudinal rods make five-millimeter protrusions on the side of the front rim, they should be directed into the cylinder from two sides. Also, on the front rim, you need to attach a rod on which a tight steel spring is put on and a door that opens with its help. It should be noted that the door only opens inside the cylinder. Next, a guard is made of wire with a cross section of 2 mm, consists of a hook with two ring-shaped screws, ties and loops. A metal hook 8-10 cm long is fastened to the longitudinal bar with one of its turns, and the second at the same time acts as a bundle with a guard loop. Another loop with a diameter of 15 cm is movably attached to the two upper longitudinal rods. The surface of the rear rim must be twisted with 2mm wire. To the front rim you need to attach a two-meter pole, with which the trap will be installed and removed from the hole. When guarding the luggage, the door is retracted to its extreme rear position, reducing the spring. To lock it in the open position, you need to hook the bottom edge of the door with the end of the hook. In this case, the loop of the guard is in an upright position, blocking the passage. When the animal enters the trap, it touches the loop, the hook automatically slides off the door, and it slams.Passing trap on beaver
Another design is a floating trap. For its construction, two logs will be needed, which must be connected by the shape of the letter "A". A bait is placed in the middle of the trap - it can be fresh stakes or branches. Below, under the crossbar, a trap is fixed, through the framework of which the animal will have to pass in order to reach the bait. The construction is placed in the water, attached to the shore.
Installing a passing trap on a beaver
In order for the hunt to be successful, it is necessary to correctly set traps on beavers. Installation of the passage trap should be carried out in the following places:
- One of the most used places for placement is the dam. This is a place with high access, great depth for installing traps, as well as a high probability of meeting prey. From each dam there is access to another river or dam. If the beaver settlement is large, there may be several dams. In this case, you need to determine the main one, which differs in height, length, the presence of huts or habitable minks.
- Marking sites along the coast. These sites are most often visited by beaver families, and it is easy to notice traces of their exit from minks.
- Mounds of sticks, mud and mud, built by beavers near the water to limit their territory to designate other animals. On such signal mounds, it is very effective to place beaver-based lures.
- Beaver trails - passages left to visit the territory of other animals or when cutting the distance to the feeding place.
- Beaver feed trails left by them to go to feeding places. Particularly active, such trails are left by beavers in late autumn, when the animal harvests supplies for the winter. Usually the feeding paths are very noticeable, which is easy to place traps on them and catch prey.
- Deep canals constructed by beavers for passage to distant feeding places to protect themselves from predators. The channels are very narrow for installing foot traps, so only walk-throughs are used here.
- You can set a trap on a sortie - short paths from minks on the shore of a reservoir, but usually there are a lot of them, and a beaver can visit the same sortie very rarely.
- It is also not always successful to install an unauthorized installation at the hut, since it is not one, and the huts can be located very deep. It makes sense to set a trap only in late autumn, when animals make forays to add a hut.
Installing a hawk
Before installing the trap, it is necessary to check its operability, sufficient tension of the springs, tightness of the contact of the arcs to each other. / Wpmfc_cab_ssPassing trap on beaver
Excessively taut springs can burst at the most inopportune moment. For proper installation of the passage trap, it is necessary to clear the site so that it is as stable as possible. If the installation is made on the channels, then you need to consider its depth. If it exceeds 60-70 cm, you need to install two traps on top of each other. On climbs and dams, traps must be installed on both sides. In winter, traps are set up on fences to approaches to the hut or underwater food reserves, burrows, and also under ice with bait.
Watch the video: PRIMITIVE TRAPS ARE JUNK! Primitive Trapping Vs. Modern Trapping. Who Wins? (April 2020).