Each of us sometimes wants to escape from civilization, the bustle of a noisy city somewhere closer to nature. Camping in the forest with an overnight stay in this case would be the best solution. What could be more wonderful than sitting in the evening by the fire with a cup of hot tea, picking flowers, mushrooms or berries, enjoying beautiful views! You need to know how to prepare for this type of relaxation in order to get the most out of it and as little trouble as possible.
Camping TipsGathering things before the trip
The first thing to decide is the duration of the trip and the time of year in which it will be carried out. People who only learn the first basics in tourism, it is better to arrange a trip in the summer, in a temperate climate, for 2-3 nights, no more. A winter hike requires good dexterity, so it is better to carry it out to experienced tourists in a trusted company.
The most important thing that you need to learn before traveling to the wild is that the lighter the backpack, the more pleasant the hike. If a person is not used to carrying heavy loads on himself, then it is better for him to get rid of a couple of the least useful things behind him. Such a very effective rule will help to save strength and energy, thereby making a walk with a backpack more enjoyable.
For a trip lasting no more than 1 day, a small backpack with a volume of 15-35 liters is enough. If you plan to stretch your vacation in the wild for several days, then you need to take a larger backpack with a volume of at least 55 liters.
Any camping trip with an overnight stay means a place where you can spend the night. Therefore, we can not do without a sleeping bag and tent. Here it is just important to take into account the time of year and the place where this event is planned. For example, in the summer in the southern regions of our country, a sleeping bag is not so necessary, because the nights are mostly warm and dry. But a trip to the forest in the winter with an overnight stay simply requires you to have a warm sleeping bag with you, otherwise the tourist runs the risk of catching a cold. The sleeping bag will become useful not only in winter, but also in other seasons, if the air temperature drops below + 10 ° C.
But if you can do without a sleeping bag, then it is convenient to spend your vacation without a tent. It is necessary to protect yourself from wind, rainfall, insects, wild animals and other external influences that may interfere with a comfortable stay in nature.
It should be of such a size that the whole company of tourists could comfortably sit there. If the group is large, then take a few small tents. In addition, you should bring a karemat with you - a special rug that combines the function of a mattress and additional insulation. It is simply indispensable in situations where you have to sleep on a cold and hard surface. Most often in such trips, such a surface is forest soil. The density and rigidity of the karemat need to be selected for yourself individually. Most importantly: it should be noted that its length should be 15-30 cm longer than your height.
Travel Clothing RecommendationsCamping clothes
Hike should be worn with light sweatpants and a jacket with a hood. Ideally, the clothes should be waterproof, but you can just take a raincoat with you. You do not need to take clothes made of denim, because it is heavy, quickly gets wet and dries for a long time. In addition, jeans with long walking can rub the skin.
- The fleece jacket, which perfectly warms on cold evenings and protects against mosquitoes, will be of great benefit when traveling. If it is not there, then a knitted sweater will perfectly cope with this task, but it is a bit heavier than a sweater, which will become noticeable during long transitions. Clothing made of fleece fabric is ideal for such trips, as it is light, dense and perfectly retains heat.
- It will not be superfluous to bring any headgear with you. He will be able to warm his head at night or protect the tourist from the sun if he suddenly wants to sunbathe in a forest glade.
- And of course, for a trip to the forest with an overnight stay, you need to take a couple of T-shirts, warm socks, an extra set of nightwear. This will allow you to comfortably spend the night without freezing and not having caught a cold. Few people know that in some forests, air temperature drops sharply after sunset. This factor must be taken into account when collecting things for a hike. In the backpack there must certainly be a place for a raincoat, it can always protect even from the most unforeseen precipitations.
- For a forest trip, it is best to wear specialized shoes. For such an event, cracking sneakers or any other shoes with a large embossed sole are suitable. However, it should not be uncomfortable or heavy. It would be nice if she did not pass moisture. No need to wear running shoes or running shoes. Although they are very light, their legs will be constantly wet. In addition, such shoes are easily torn, and under the sole any pebble, twig or bump will be felt, which is extremely unpleasant with long walking. But sneakers can be taken with you as replaceable shoes.
What things should I bring with me?Key things to go camping
It is impossible to foresee all situations and not forget anything important. This requires a considerable tourist experience, which most of us do not have. But you can pre-compile a detailed list of things necessary for a successful outdoor recreation.
The very first thing on this list should be a first aid kit. I think everyone understands that far from civilization, when there are several tens, or even hundreds of kilometers, to the nearest first-aid post, a first-aid kit is the only means that can help a person in an emergency. The personal first-aid kit of any tourist should contain the means:
- from diarrhea and food poisoning;
- pills to lower heat;
- anti-allergic medicines;
- to treat injuries you should always have a bandage, a plaster, iodine, zelenka, hydrogen peroxide or other antiseptic;
- if a person suffers from any chronic diseases, then he is obliged to take with him the means of individual treatment in case of exacerbation of the disease.
Just in case, it’s good to put a passport or any other identification card in your backpack. Depending on personal needs and preferences, you can take a flashlight, matches or a lighter, needles, threads, a bottle or flask for water, a mosquito repellent and other insects. Do not forget about personal hygiene products (toothbrush, paste, toilet paper, deodorant, etc.).
For comfortable cooking and eating in the wild, you need to bring some kitchen utensils with you. But not everyone understands what kind of dishes are suitable for a campaign, and which will only be an extra burden. Firstly, you do not need to take ceramic plates and other fragile household items. Secondly, on a camping trip you can’t do without a mug, knife, spoon and bowl. Aluminum spoons are best suited - they are lightweight and reusable. The knife must be hidden in a case to prevent injury to the tourist or damage to the backpack. It is desirable that the mug was made of food-grade plastic. Such material not only weighs little, but also heats poorly in comparison with metal containers. The best solution is to bring an aluminum deep bowl with you. You can, of course, use plastic utensils, but in traveling conditions it will not be easy to wash off the remnants of fatty foods.
The entire group of tourists should have at least 1 large, deep bowl and aluminum ladle. For a company of 4-5 people, it will be enough to take 1 pot of 5-7 liters. If there are more people, then you need to have at least 2 boilers with a capacity of 7 liters or more. If desired and available space, you can still take 1 medium-sized frying pan.
What kind of food should I take?
The campaign will not be successful if you take with you enough food. So all the remaining free space in the backpack should be filled with canned food, cereals, dried fruit, jerky, as well as sweets. All collected food should combine the following qualities:
- high calorie content;
- long-term storage;
- light weight.
No need to zeal and stuff a full backpack of canned goods. Although they are good on the hike, tin cans weigh too much. At 2 cans per person will be enough. Over the campfire you can cook a wonderful soup of jerky and a handful of dried vegetables. In stores, you can buy a ready-made soup mix, which is quite simple to pour boiling water on. Do not forget about salt, pepper and other spices. You can take them with you very little to make dinner in the fresh air even tastier.
From sweets on a hike, it is good to take sweets or chocolate. A high concentration of sugar in them will fill the body with a lot of calories, which are necessary for outdoor activities. Condensed milk and nuts are also an ideal type of dessert, as they have the above qualities. And do not forget about tea, without which you can not do in any trip.
Overnight in the forest under the moonlight is one of the most romantic ways to spend your free time, relax and gain vitality. Walking through the forest reveals mesmerizing views, shows fabulous landscapes, allows you to join the pristine beauty of nature. But in this matter, as elsewhere, caution should be exercised. In any tourist group there must be at least 1 person who has some experience in this type of vacation and knows the area well.