Fishing in Astrakhan in the fall, winter, spring and summer is not just fishing carp for primitive tackle. No, this is also possible here, but people travel to the banks of the Volga from all over the country for trophies. By and large, a fishing rod, spinning rod or donkey can be thrown anywhere and, anyway, something will come across. However, it is best to fish in proven places, under the guidance of experienced rangers. This will protect you from problems with the law and absolutely ensure a good catch.
Popular placesFishing bases
The fishing bases, which are so comfortable and equipped that you can come here practically without baggage, are located on the well-known tributaries of the Volga-Mother River, in the delta of the river and on the peaks of the Caspian.
- Akhtuba. I did not hear about this place only someone who does not know about such an exciting activity as fishing in Astrakhan in the fall, and even at other times of the year. Falling into the Volga, Akhtuba forms an innumerable number of channels, whirlpools, pits and backwaters, teeming with so many very diverse fish that you’re tired of listing.
- Avalon. It is famous for its catfish pits, trophy zander, toothy pikes, fastidious silver carp, comfort and amenities.
- The base of family holidays in Astrakhan "On Kalinovka." This base is located on the Kalinovka River, a tributary of the Volga, its vast territory (1.5 hectares) is equipped with special refrigerators for storing the catch, as well as an outdoor pool, a children's town and playgrounds for sports. Here you can rent modern boats and take advantage of the jaeger escort service.
- Getting into the Volga Delta is a little more difficult, but experienced personnel from bases such as Ethel, Cossack Farm, Goose Lapus, Cool Place, Golden Lotus will bring you to the place of rest and provide you with the necessary equipment, clothing and gear.
- Directly on the coast of the Caspian Sea, you can relax and fish with comfort and all amenities, staying at the bases "Ark", "Northern Caspian", "Kolochny Island", "Karay" and others.
This is an incomplete list of places. Of course, some fishing companies prefer to act on their own. Entire campgrounds are set up in a chosen place or a single tent is set up and for several days they are immersed in the beauty of nature and the excitement of fishing.
However, if this is your first visit to the Volga, it is better to use the services of professionals.
There is an opinion that in the Astrakhan region you can catch and, most importantly, catch fish at any time of the year. In part, this statement is true. With the right approach and selection of gear, fishing here is rarely ineffective. But still you need to understand which fish pecks better at what time of the year.
Autumn fishingFishing in Astrakhan in the fall
In autumn, all fish, regardless of their habits and food preferences, begin to fatten - preparing for winter. White fish gather in huge flocks and begin to ply around almost all possessions in search of food, stopping for a long time in some places where there is something to profit from. The predator grabs everything that moves and flutters:
- Pike and pike perch literally "fierce".
- Perch rushes after a lure or wobbler almost the whole flock.
- Soms discard their majesty and slowness, turning into "gluttonous machines."
- A common carp comes from the Caspian to plow the entire river bottom in search of shells and tasty roots. And the silver carp eats the tops with the speed of a meat grinder.
- And, of course, the main delicacy of these places is roach.
In autumn, they catch almost all kinds of gear in Astrakhan. White fish on a float, feeder and bottom gear. Predator on a variety of spinning baits, hooking pieces of fish, meat or even squid on hooks. They operate with jigging, and step wiring, and trolling. This is a huge expanse for imagination and the acquisition of new skills.
Fishing in Astrakhan in winterFishing in Astrakhan in winter
An interesting fact, but the so-called deaf-land, when all the fish seem to hibernate and are not tempted even by the most selective bait, are not observed in these places.
- White fish, especially the legendary roach, continues to feed actively throughout the three winter months.
- Large bream, silver bream, blue bream and rudd are pecking with it.
- Of the predators, only the catfish slows down the activity a little, but he can also grab the correctly applied nozzle.
- Pike perch goes into the depths and continues to rage there.
- On the contrary, pike prefers ducts and eric.
- In February, spawning, the only freshwater representative of the cod family begins to walk - burbot.
Until mid-December, you can still catch summer gear. But then, after the final establishment of the ice cover, the usual winter gears are used. Necklaces, supplies, sheer spinners, and ordinary fishing rods with thin gatekeepers and sensitive nods.
Spring fishingfishing in Astrakhan in the spring
The famous fishing in Astrakhan in the spring attracts fishermen who miss their favorite pastime during the winter on the banks of the Volga, its numerous tributaries and channels.
- Already in March, the zhor begins at the pike, which needs to gain strength before spawning. A little later, all other species of fish enter this peculiar competition, except for burbot, which spawned in early February.
- In April, the legendary move of the roach begins. This amazing phenomenon allows you, if not to catch this tasty fish with your hands, then pull out several specimens at once with a certain tackle.
- Other white fish species are not much inferior to the roach in activity, and predators keep up with them. Pike perch rise from the pits, catfish begin to activate, perch gains its robber disposition.
So spring in Astrakhan is the most fishing season.
In the last week of April, floods begin, which affects the habits of fish and requires the use of other fishing methods. So, for example, the pike perch approaches almost to the coast, where it begins to drive flocks of white fish. Catfish crawl out of the cramped places. Pike, on the contrary, goes to spawn.
Virtually all gears are used. Float fishing rods, donkeys, vents, gum. When spinning fishing, both deep and surface lures are used: wobblers, poppers, twisters, turntables, castmaster and so on.
Fishing in Astrakhan in the summerFishing in Astrakhan in the summer
The main inconvenience for fishermen in the early summer days is the midge. It so happens that in the evening twilight it is absolutely impossible to be on the pond, because of this small, annoying and very biting midges. In the delta it is much smaller than in the northern direction from Astrakhan, but it is necessary to mention it.
This misfortune is not terrible for fish, and it continues to be caught almost around the clock. Most species have just spawned and are now seeking to restore power by feeding without interruption and grabbing everything that comes into view.
- Silver carp, bream, tench, common carp plow bottom and top thickets.
- The rudd generally behaves "indecently", turning into an omnivorous, greedy, omnipresent beast. She always walks in packs, so, having caught one fish, you can be sure that there are still a lot of her in this place.
- Large catfish also begin to look for gaping frogs and pieces of meat offered by the fishermen.
In July and August there is a slight decline in activity, but this does not mean at all that you will return from a reservoir with an empty cage. Mice and mosquitoes become smaller. Fishing turns into a real pleasure, and fishing for large fish will provide an adrenaline rush into the blood that euphoria will remain with you for a long time.
A variety of gear and attachments is still the same:
- Pikeperch and pike are caught on any spinning lures, the main thing is to know where to throw them.
- Soma fish on the "quack".
- A cautious and harmful asp - only from afar at the custodian. However, since it is not very appreciated from a culinary point of view, it is more likely to be of sporting interest.
- All kinds of white fish on a float, donkey or feeder.
And after August, autumn comes again and it all starts in a new circle. Autumn spinning, winter fishing from under the ice, spring pre-spawning zhor, summer grace with trophy catches.
Separately, it is necessary to recall the Red Book fish, the catch of which in any quantity and anywhere is prohibited. Firstly, the Caspian herring, which sometimes enters the mouth of the Volga, refers to them. Secondly, restrictions or a complete ban exist for almost all sturgeon species. And this is better not to joke. The fines are very noticeable and the gamekeepers do not intend to help poachers under any circumstances.
So, fishing in Astrakhan is a real dream of a fisherman. Different fish are caught at different times of the year, but without a catch you won’t leave for sure. Such a vacation will be loved even by those who first decided to go fishing: if you catch at least one fish, you will want to return to this beautiful land again.