The poisonous spiders of Russia are not so rare. A meeting with them can end with rather big troubles, up to a hospital bed and even death. The latter happens rarely, and then in the case of untimely or incorrectly rendered assistance.
The most poisonous spider in Russia
Here, neither specialists nor ordinary people have and cannot have any disagreements. Karakurt - of all the representatives of arthropods living in the vastness of our country, the only one whose bite can lead to death.
Danger to humans are only females reaching sizes of 15-20 mm. They have two distinctive signs that do not allow to confuse karakurt with other representatives of arthropods. On the upper side of the black abdomen there are exactly 13 bright spots or dots. Counting them, of course, once, but the very combination of black with bright spots should be a signal to danger. On the underside of the abdomen is one equally bright spot in the form of an hourglass.Karakurt is the only spider on the territory of Russia, whose bite can lead to death
Karakurt are thermophilic. They live in the Southern Urals, the Caucasus and in the Black Sea regions. However, recently the habitat of this spider has spread to the more northern regions of Russia, right up to the suburbs. This is explained by global warming, but more optimistic scientists are sure that this happens only in very hot years, and not always.
Consequences of a bite
Karakurt, which has a very strong poison, unlike other spiders, is very aggressive and bites not only for self-defense. He can purposefully attack, so you should not only tease, but also approach him with great caution. The bite itself is very painful, and after 10-15 minutes the pain spreads throughout the person’s body and becomes almost unbearable.
In case of untimely assistance, which consists in administering a special serum, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, fever, headache and dizziness, tremors, profuse sweating, and a feeling of heaviness in the chest can develop.Even after administration of serum, symptoms may persist for another day.
The only thing that can be done for the victim is to bring him to the nearest hospital as soon as possible.
Other poisonous spiders of Russia
In the vastness of the Russian Federation, you can meet other representatives of arthropods, who are capable, if not kill a person with their bite, then cause a lot of pain.
- South Russian tarantula. The poison of this rather large spider, reaching 30 mm in length, is not fatal to humans. However, the bite site swells very quickly and hurts a lot. An allergic reaction is possible in the form of rashes and redness of the skin, accompanied by itching and burning in the areas of calculation.
South Russian Tarantula
- Heiracantium. Tops the list of poisonous spiders in central Russia. Unlike karakurt, he does not specifically attack and can only bite for self-defense purposes. Symptoms are rather unpleasant: a burning sensation at the site of the bite, nausea, vomiting, headache, fever, body aches, weakness. The place of the bite itself looks pretty scary: it turns red, turns blue, can even become covered with blisters. This condition can last up to 3 days. A visit to a doctor is required.
- Phalanx (Solfuga). One of the few spiders, after the bite of which it is recommended to suck the wound. It does not have its own toxic poison, but it will certainly bring an infection, as a result of which the wound becomes inflamed. It is active only in the dark, but does not specifically bite, only as a defense.
- Net spider. A rather small spider, dangerous, like the previous representative of arthropods, not with poison, but with the possibility of introducing infection into the wound.
Sackman (purse spider). This spider is aggressive enough to attack even in the absence of direct danger. The bite is not fatal, but is accompanied by very severe pain, which can spread very quickly throughout almost the entire body.Bag spider
• False black widow. First of all, it is dangerous because it often climbs into living quarters. After a bite, acute, prolonged pain, weakness and fever are felt. Symptoms can last up to two days.False black widow
- Black Fathead. The most peaceful of dangerous spiders. If you do not touch it and do not pick it up, it prefers to hide. However, if bitten, the wound will hurt for at least a day.
- Argiope. The bite of this striped spider is very dangerous. An allergic reaction to poison can result in deep and severe abscesses, a worsening of the general condition and other unpleasant symptoms.
As you can see, poisonous spiders are far from rare in Russia, but only a female karakurt should be very afraid. The consequences of bites of other representatives of arachnids can be completely dealt with on their own. However, seeking medical advice is highly recommended.
First aid for a spider bite
Not everyone can distinguish one type of spider from another, despite the fact that their colors and patterns on their abdomen are different. And the size and length of the legs all differ from each other. However, often people start to panic and simply do not pay attention to how their offender looks.
- The first thing to do is rinse the wound with soapy water.
- The next step should be to prevent the spread of poison. This is achieved in two ways: it is necessary to immobilize the affected limb with a tire and apply a tight bandage above the site of the bite, thereby reducing blood circulation.
- A cold compress should be applied to the wound itself, which will also delay the action and spread of the poison.
- Heavy drinking will also be a reducing factor. It will also help remove poison from the body.
- In order to relieve painful symptoms, you can give the victim a tablet of aspirin.
Having done all this, do not calm down. To deliver the victim to the doctor, even if he is several kilometers away, is mandatory. The clinic will also provide more qualified assistance and will be able to take emergency measures in case of complications.
Of course, you can add some more aspects, highlighting the question: are there poisonous spiders in Russia and what to do if you encounter them. But this information will already be for specialists. Ordinary people need to remember that playing and having fun with spiders is not worth it in any case. But just like that, they should not be destroyed either.